Increasing renewable energy uptake will bring the need for greater energy flexibility and storage in order to match supply with demand. What if buildings could play this role, by offering thermal storage capacity that is currently untapped? This event will explore this concept, and make the link between the different elements of the Energy Package, from energy performance of buildings (EPBD) to electricity market design.
Date: 25 September 2017
Time: 12:00-14:00 (preceeded by a welcome drink at 11:30)
Venue: Representation Lower Saxony - Vertretung des Landes Niedersachsen bei der Europäischen Union, Rue Montoyer 61, Brussels, Belgium
Organisers: MEP Bernd Lange, the Representation of Lower Saxony and The Concrete Initiative
• Introduction by MEP Bernd Lange
• Structural thermal energy storage and policy recommendations by Karl Downey, The Concrete Initiative
• Austrian case study: energy storage house by Sebastian Spaun, VÖZ
• The Energy Package and smart buildings by Sylvain Robert, European Commission, DG Energy
• Debate / Q&A moderated by Sebastian Spaun
Download the agenda here.
Check out what our speakers had to say in our event summary here.
Rue d'Arlon 55 - 1040 Brussels